Description
PC&F
In 1937 the WP took delivery of fifty 50’ flatcars of WP Engineering Dept design from Pacific Car &
Foundry and were placed in the 2351-2400 series. These deep center and side sill flats were 9’ wide
and rode on cast ASF plankless trucks and came with AB brakes. In 1943-1944 the cars were
equipped with 30” high sideboards and reclassified as “GB” gondolas to haul plate and structural steel
to the Bay Area shipyards to support the huge wartime Defense Plant Corporation iron and steel plant
being built in Vineyard, Utah (later US Steel Geneva). 25 cars had their sideboards removed in 1955
and the remaining in 1967. Many ended up in MoW starting in the mid 1970’s
Cars include decals specific to the PC&F cars, brake wheels, trust plates, threaded inserts and screws/nuts. Trucks and couplers not included.
CAD design by R.J. Dial
Decals by Bill Kennedy

Reviews
There are no reviews yet.